Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Art of Audio #2: "Listen to THIS!"

The Joe Bev Experience
The Art of Audio #2



If you've more than casually listened any of the more than 5,000 hours of audio I've created over the last 40 years, you've noticed I love STEREO effects. It is part of my artistic style.


Listening, as a teen, to The Beatles (especially Revolution No. 9) and Cheech & Chong, with headphones on, influenced me greatly.

I have perfected this stereo effect to the point that I call it virtual 3-D.

Grab your headphones and get ready to be immersed in the story!


Me with Mel Blanc,
Hollywood, Ca, circa 1976.
Listen to me as Bugs,
Daffy and Elmer.

Sometimes I work with a cast of actors, as I did in my ten-part radio theater comedy series The Misadventures of Sherlock Holmes, but most often I enjoy playing all the roles myself, as was personally taught to me by legends such as Daws Butler and Mel Blanc (more on them in the future).

Me with Daws Butler,
Beverly Hills, Ca., circa 1976.
Listen to what Daws
taught me!




Daws created Uncle Dunkle and Donnie. I cut my baby teeth on his scripts. We even wrote some together. I published a book of them and voiced them on audio


This year, my talented wife, Lorie Kellogg and I voiced and produced over 200 stories by Spanish author Pedro Pablo Sacristan, translated into English

The man is prolific. The stories original and thought provoking. And CLEAN. For kids and adults.

I put the Joe Bev spin on them. Lorie and I ad-libbed all the characters and dialogue around Pedro's narration. Crazy voices, music and 3-D stereo effects. We did impressions, take offs on TV shows, songs!  I did some as old Willaby and the Professor (now called Barnaby and Max), Willoughby and the Professor (Generation 2), and Uncle Dunkle and Donnie
Listen to me in a NEW Dunkle story

I'm 52 and I'm still doing characters I created 40 years ago. That's either art or a bad case of arrested development.

So who is this Lorie Kellogg anyway? Tune in next time and find out!
 

Best to you all,
Joe Bev.




Joe Bevilacqua is a veteran award-winning actor, writer, author and producer. His audio is available at Amazon, iTunes, and Audible for Kindle, Blackberry, Android, iPhone, iPod or iPad download, or CD purchase or rental. Find out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

GET THE WATERLOGG PRODUCTION APP and listen to all the PODCASTS in on place!

Waterlogg Podcasts
Powered by Conduit Mobile