Friday, December 2, 2011

The Art of Audio #4: "Another Fine Mess"



The Joe Bev Experience
The Art of Audio #4
Me as Stanley. "I certainly am!"
Listen to me as Stan, Babe & Finn!



Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy made some great silent classics. Putting Pants on Phillip was released December 3, 1927 – their first official film. But Stan and Ollie really excelled when sound was added to film. Their distinct voices matched their physical personalities. The jazzy background music matched their comic timing.

Hear the greats talk about their work!



I've been doing my impression of "The Boys" since I was could first talk. As a young child in the early 1960s, I watched Chuck McCann brilliantly pay homage to them on his WPIX and WNEW New York TV shows.

I had the pleasure of interviewing Craig Marin the great Flexitoons creator-puppeteer who, as a mere teenager, got to work with Chuck.

You can hear that interview, plus ones with Mel Blanc, June Foray and many cartoon legends on my new audio release The Best of Cartoon Carnival Volume One.

TUNE IN LIVE!!!


 

I am also the Vice Sheik and Ballywhosit of the “Them Thar Hills” tent 284 local of The Sons of the Desert, the international Laurel and Hardy appreciation society, located in Ellenville, NY.

Me as Stan with Ollie (Grand Sheik Ray Faiola)
2010 Ellenville Fourth of July Parade.
Watch a video of our antics here!
In 1987, I created a video tribute (visually) performed by Alison Nead as Oliver Hardy, Ron Willoughby as James Finlayson, and me as Stan Laurel. I am the voice of all three characters. Watch it below!

 





Get this great soundtrack CD
mastered by Ray Faiola
!



















JOIN US! Our next meeting will be Sunday, December 4th, 2011, at 3:00pm, in Ellenville, N Y. This will be our Holiday Pot-Luck Party and we invite all members to help out by bringing a dish, side, salad or dessert. 

We hope ALL MEMBERS will attend this Grand Buffet! Our film program will feature "Snowy Shorts", beginning with a reprise of Laurel & Hardy's classic two-reeler THE FIXER-UPPERS co-starring the Ever-Popular Mae Busch. Then we'll have Bugs Bunny in FRESH HARE;  A Walter Lantz cartune SKI FOR TWO; W.C. Fields in THE FATAL GLASS OF BEER; and the Tent premiere of Stan and Babe in their Christmas Tree classic BIG BUSINESS. 
 
Guests are welcome! Email me for directions.


My work is not all fun and games, however. I have a serious side too! Don't believe me? Well, then, tune in next time and find out!


Best to you all,
Joe Bev.


Joe Bevilacqua is a veteran award-winning actor, writer, author and producer. His audio is available at Amazon, iTunes, and Audible for Kindle, Blackberry, Android, iPhone, iPod or iPad download, or CD purchase or rental. Find out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

GET THE WATERLOGG PRODUCTION APP and listen to all the PODCASTS in on place!

Waterlogg Podcasts
Powered by Conduit Mobile