Friday, December 9, 2011

The Art of Audio #7: "Liquid Comedy 102"

The Joe Bev
Experience

The Art of Audio #7



I sat in the Lighthouse Deli in Ellenville, NY, hand printing feverishly in my note pad:  "If we all talked like Allen Jenkins, Everything would turn out right," sung to the tune of "It's Long Way to Tipperary".

Jim Folly with yours truly voicing the new "Duffy's Tavern"!

The script, which I completed in that deli in about four hours, poured out of me because I was inspired. I was writing it to showcase the talents of Jim Folly, the funniest man alive!

Get NEW Fibber McGee & Duffy's Tavern here!


Jim has been a member of our troupe Liquid Comedy since we formed it in 1979. Jim is Don Rickles, Chico Marx and Allen Jenkins all rolled into one!

Jenkins was a great character actor who appeared as Edward G. Robinson's sidekick in a number of 1930s Warner Brother's pictures, including my favorite "Brother Orchid", and was the voice of Officer Dibble on Hanna-Barbera's Bilko spin, "Top Cat."

I thought it would be fun to have Jenkins (Jim Folly) and Robinson (me) appeared on my new "Duffy's Tavern" radio show.

Watch VIDEO of us in action in the new "Duffy's Tavern"!!








Jim brings the same snappy "1930s Warner energy" to all of his performances, whether it is a script I wrote or his own wildly imaginative ad-libs.


He was also a regular on my XM Radio show, The Comedy-O-Rama Hour. Together with Kenny Savoy, Lorie Kellogg, and Tom Giannazzo, we often improvised entire hour-long plots!






In one hour, Jim and Kenny played two old Italian men on vacation and the result was hilarious! You can hear that entire Comedy-O-Rama Hour here: Part One / Part Two.


Check out this video below of me (as Mad Cow)
and Jim (as Sloth) improvising with puppets!


Me with the funniest man alive, Jim Folly!





Jim Folly will be part of our 2012 lineup of audio comedy

So will Tom Giannazzo. Find out more about this Vet who's a veteran, when you tune in next time...









Best to you all,

Joe Bev.

Joe Bevilacqua is a veteran award-winning actor, writer, author and producer. His audio is available at Amazon, iTunes, and Audible for Kindle, Blackberry, Android, iPhone, iPod or iPad download, or CD purchase or rental. Find out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

GET THE WATERLOGG PRODUCTION APP and listen to all the PODCASTS in on place!

Waterlogg Podcasts
Powered by Conduit Mobile