Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Art of Audio #5: "I'm Serious!"

The Joe Bev Experience

The Art of Audio #5
"I'm Serious!"




I sat on the couch next to Barbara Bush. It was the 2000, Lorie and I were at the Bush home in Houston, Texas interviewing the former First Lady for my radio documentary on Lady Bird Johnson, which won a 2001 NY Festivals Award.





Mrs. Bush leaned in on me and asked me to briefly turn off my recorder. I oblige and she told me an off the record story about President Jimmy Carter. Sorry, I can't repeat it. :-)


You may think this an odd place for a comedian and cartoon voice actor. But the fact is I have two careers. One funny. The other serious.

I was the last person to
interview John Houseman.
Listen to my documentary here.






My reports for National Public Radio have won me a number of awards and I have produced and directed hundreds of radio dramas.



Listen to this classic drama here.







My own plays, such as A Freneau Sampler: The Prose and Poetry of Revolutionary War Writer Philip Freneau, have toured before stage audiences.







Listen to this classic drama here.


The truth is I am a storyteller. Whether it's fiction or reality, comic or serious, I love telling stories that are positive, that uplift, inspire, or at least give comfort. There are plenty of horror stories out there, real and imagined. 

I can't tell these stories alone. The support I get from the many writers, actors, and musicians I work with is invaluable.


Me Off-Broadway with Vernon Morris.

Me with Katherine Graham at The Washington Post.





















Who are these invaluable humans? Tune in next time and find out.. 


Best to you all,
Joe Bev.


Joe Bevilacqua is a veteran award-winning actor, writer, author and producer. His audio is available at Amazon, iTunes, and Audible for Kindle, Blackberry, Android, iPhone, iPod or iPad download, or CD purchase or rental. Find out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

GET THE WATERLOGG PRODUCTION APP and listen to all the PODCASTS in on place!

Waterlogg Podcasts
Powered by Conduit Mobile