Joe Bev presents 78 RPM Jazz with a Sense of Humor: "Bird, Diz, Miles & Dexter" on The Jazz-O-Rama Hour, part of "The Joe Bev 3-hour Block" - listen live for free at http://www.CultRadioAGoGo.com.
Early Bebop will fill the air when the 78 RPM records of Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie, Miles Davis and Dexter Gordon will be heard on the 28th edition of Joe Bev's Jazz-O-Rama Hour airing this Saturday, January 12 - 3:30 pm ET / 12:30 pm PT, on Internet radio powerhouse Cult Radio-A-Go-Go! (http://www.CultRadioAGoGo.com)
This Saturday Joe Bev presents 78 RPM Jazz with a Sense of Humor: "Bird, Diz, Miles & Dexter", including:
1. Charlie Parker's Reboppers With Dizzy Gillespie & Max Roach - Koko
2. Dizzy Gillespie Sextet With Charlie Parker & Slam Stewart - Groovin' High
3. Dizzy Gillespie And His All Stars Quintet With Charlie Parker - Salt Peanuts
4. The Miles Davis All Stars - Half Nelson
5. Dizzy Gillespie And His Orchestra With Milt Jackson & Al Haig - Antrophology
6. Charlie Parker Septet With Miles Davis & Lucky Thompson - Night In Tunisia
7. Dizzy Gillespie And His Orchestra - Oop-Pop-A-Da
8. Charlie Parker Septet With Miles Davis & Lucky Thompson - Ornithology
9. Charlie Parker's All Stars With John Lewis & Max Roach - Constellation
10. The Mc Ghee-Navarro Boptet, With Milt Jackson & Kenny Clarke - Boperation
11. Tadd Dameron And His Orchestra - Sid's Delight
12. Dexter Gordon - Dexter Rides Again
13. Charlie Parker & Dizzy Gillespie - Bloomdido
14. Charlie Parker - Now's the Time
|Charles "Charlie" Parker, Jr|
CULT RADIO A GO GO!
Charles "Charlie" Parker, Jr., also known as "Yardbird" and "Bird" was an American jazz saxophonist and composer. Miles Davis once said, "You can tell the history of jazz in four words: Louis Armstrong. Charlie Parker."
|John Birks "Dizzy" Gillespie|
and Kermit the Frog
|Miles Dewey Davis III|
Miles Dewey Davis III was an American jazz musician, trumpeter, bandleader, and composer. Widely considered one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century, Miles Davis was, with his musical groups, at the forefront of several major developments in jazz music, including bebop, cool jazz, hard bop, modal jazz, and jazz fusion.
Dexter Gordon was an American jazz tenor saxophonist. He was among the earliest tenor players to adapt the bebop musical language of people like Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie, and Bud Powell to the instrument. His studio and live performance career spanned over 40 years.
|Joe Bevilacqua (Joe Bev)|
Bev also produces, directs, writes and voices half of The Comedy-O-Rama Hour, which is has been highest rated radio show on Cult Radio A-Go-Go! for many weeks. Joe Bev's other weekly radio show, The Jazz-O-Rama Hour debuted at #2.
24 weeks ago, the veteran voice actor added his third hour for Cult Radio, called The Joe Bev Experience which airs right after The Jazz-O-Rama Hour.
More about Waterlogg Productions at http://www.waterlogg.com.