Host Joe Bevilacqua (Joe Bev) presents a tribute to Joe Barbera featuring Leonard Maltin, on the ninth edition of The Joe Bev Experience airing Saturday, September 8 at 3 pm ET / noon PT on http://www.cultradioagogo.com, right after Joe Bev's Comedy-O-Rama Hour and Jazz-O-Rama Hour (part of "The Joe Bev 3-Hour Block" starting 1 pm ET).
|Joe Bev and Mel Blanc|
- Audio of Hanna-Barbera cartoon clips and his 1990 interview with Joe Barbera
- Mel Blanc's demo tape
- Daws Butler in a never-before heard cartoon audio as Yogi Bear and Huckleberry Hound
- Audio of Daws Butler teaching Joe Bev how to be a voice actor, part one - a live performance of Jay Ward's "Rocky and Bullwinkle" with June Foray
- Part one of "Willoughby and the Professor Meet Bartizan the Genie"
- The song "The Twitch" from "The Flintstones"
- A tribute to Laurel and Hardy
Joe Bevilacqua is a veteran radio theater producer and voice actor. He also works on stage and is the winner of the 2012 New York TANYS Award for Excellence in Acting. He has performed at the Improv, Caroline's on Broadway, Catch a Rising Star, the Comic Strip, opened for Uncle Floyd, worked with Al Franken, Shelley Berman, Louis Black and Rick Overton. Joe has also MC'd shows featuring Jerry Seinfeld, Bill Mahr and Gilbert Gottfried. He has been regularly heard on National Public Radio and Sirius-XM Radio and has produced hundreds of hours of audiobooks.
As the protege of cartoon voice legend Daws Butler (Yogi Bear), the veteran award-winning broadcaster (NPR, XM Radio) Joe Bevilacqua is no stranger to the cartoon world. Joe Bev even co-authored his mentor's authorized biography, "Daws Butler, Characters Actor".
More about Waterlogg Productions at http://www.waterlogg.com.